Yesterday I received a package from Teri at Amazing Grass!
Check out Amazing Grass’s mission statement from their About Us page:
To help people lead healthier more active lives by achieving their full potential through better nutrition. We strive to educate the world by spreading the word about the amazing benefits of cereal grasses. Amazing Grass will spare no resources or expense to produce nutritionally superior products with the highest quality organic cereal grasses available anywhere in the world.
They were generous enough to send me TWO samples of each superfood and one of each bar, you can just guess how excited I was to try all of these!
It’s definitely going to take me a while to get through them all but I had a chance to try TWO packets thus far.
As I was making my overnight oats last night I had a brilliant ingenius idea to incorporate the CHOCOLATE SUPERFOOD into my oats!
- 1/3 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 packet of CHOCOLATE GREEN SUPERFOOD
and then added:
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 banana, 1/2 sliced thick and 1/2 pureed
- 1 tbsp flax
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp agave
I think I’m going to call ’em Chocolate Cream Pie Overnight Oats!
Amazing Grass Kidz SuperFood phyto-nutritous fruit and vegetable blend: organic wheat grass, organic barley grass, organic alfalfa, asparagus, lima beans, green peas, kale, kiwi, organic spinach, organic broccoli, brussel sprouts, green beans, zuichini, apricots, organic carrots, mangos, pineapple, sweet potatoes, tangerines, yellow squash, organic yumberry, pomegranates, raspberries, guavas, cranberries, red cabbage, cherries, tomatoes, beets, plums, purple grapes, blueberries, organic evaporated cane juice, organic inulin, organic oat fiber, natural flavors, organic guar gum, stevia, probiotics (L. Acidophilus) and vegetable juice for coloring (from carrots and hibiscus).
I have yet to try the rest but will be posting reviews as I do!
Company values 10/10
Taste – Chocolate superfood 10/10
Taste- Kidz Wild Berry 6.5/10
Nutrition (both) 10/10
For lunch, in honor of St. Patty’s Day I took HEAB‘s idea of green eggs & blended 3 cups of spinach and 1/2 cup egg beaters in a blender and then cooked them in a pan:
It is so gorgeous outside today, I’m quickly posting this and then going to enjoy the day outside 🙂
By the way:
Here’s the answer to Yesterday’s post with the 7 things- one true:
1. I’ve never had an unnatural color in my hair. Nope, I’ve had PURPLE in it when I was in high school!
2. I like to drink coffee, but I’m in no way addicted to caffeine. I am TOTALLY addicted to caffeine. Talk about caffeine headaches..
3. I love all sorts of melons. Melons are the only fruit that I don’t like.
4. I’ve never been to Europe. I’ve been to Poland, Austria, Germany, & Italy
5. I have 7 sisters and 2 brothers, all older than me! I have 1 younger sister and 2 older half sisters.
6. I’m Irish, French, & 1/8 Native American. 100% Polish Princess right here
7. Nothing scares me more than the LSAT, tornadoes, and spiders. Yep I’m planning on going to law school and am terrified of the LSAT & have always been scared of tornadoes and spiders….yuck!
What are you scared of? Something interesting and unique or a typical fear like mine?!